Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

5. Remember I have a blog. {hello's, goals, and rambles}

Ok, let's skip to the good stuff. 
I know I haven't blogged since the end of September, but here we go!

I am actually going to post blogs in a bit of  random order, which is weird for me because I like to have a plan and like my posts to seem organized. This is one of my goals this year (read on); to post when I feel like it, no matter if they aren't in order or on schedule.
Reflecting is awesome. I do it a lot, actually. It makes you think about your life, not just what people see on the outside through Instagram and Facebook posts, but what your life really is. Bringing in the New Year is always a time where people reflect, make goals, and want a fresh start. I am actually going to write my goals down this year, because Lord knows...and my husband, my memory is of a 107 year old fish. 
When I make my goals, I want to refrain from using the words not or don't, and use words like; do, be, create, and achieve. I want to remain as positive as possible, and I feel sticking to positive goals is much easier :)

1. Be more silly. 
Some of you are wondering how this could possibly be a goal, because when it comes to silliness, sometimes I take the cake. (and I will probably eat the cake). But here is where I want silliness to prevail: in bad situations, in my classroom, and with my husband.. Sometimes I spend a lot of my days stressed and worried. I am not sure how I became like that, but that's just how it happened. Sometimes the smallest things can stress me out, and I feel if I had more silliness in my life, it would take away some of this stress. I need to add more silliness in my classroom. There is SO MUCH we need to teach our kiddos, so much testing, observations, discipline that sometimes I forget I have 7/8 year old eyeballs staring at me. And they are funny! A child's laughter is just the medicine teachers need to make it through the day. And of course, with the Hubs. What's a marriage without silliness and laughter? Jus, let's be more silly :) 

2. Do more fitness. 
This goes back to the silliness and stress a little bit. Sometimes, I get so bogged down with work, that I skip the gym. I am so exhausted from my long work day and my brain is so fried, that I just want to go home and lay in bed until the next day. And that's ok! But fitness is a huge part of my life. It's always been a huge part, ever since I was running the 50 m dash in my diapers at Hayward Field. I like fitness. I need to remember that. I LIKE IT! haha! I want to find all sorts of fitness to do this year. Running, rock climbing, swimming, dancing, kayaking, I want to do it all. 

3. Reach out to others.
I just want to help people. I want to make a difference in this world. However I find a way to do that, that's how I want to do it. I have a heart for helping others, and it's time I start putting it to good use.

4. Pray every day.
I believe wholeheartedly in the power of prayer. God hears us when we cry out to Him. Even on the busiest of days, I want to pray. Pray for you, pray for me, give thanks, and speak my heart. In everything; just pray.

5. Remember I have a blog.
Plain and simple. Hello, you're here! How about post more than once in 3 months :)

6. Leave work at work.
Teaching is one of those professions that can consume your life if you let it. Sometimes, I am up all night thinking about how I am going to get my 7 Level 1 ELL speakers to understand tomorrow's social studies lesson, while still challenging those kids who are ready for more. It's hard. It's a lot of work. And it's hard to walk out your classroom door and leave it all behind. But to keep my sanity, I need to learn to leave it at school. When it's time go to, go. I really need to work on this one.   

7. Love hard.
This one doesn't need a lengthy explanation. Do you love it? Than go crazy for it. Go crazy-mad-in-love for it.

8. Be present.
It is so very hard to be present in this day and age. Technology rules the world and we need to be caught up with what's happening. I love technology, I do, obviously because I have a blog. But it takes away so much time we could be learning from others, making memories, and exploring life. On weekdays at 8:30 pm my phone is going to sit on the nightstand and not be touched unless I am:
 1. setting my alarm. 2. receiving a text I need to reply to. End. Of. Story. 

9. Drink more water.
Water does wonders, it's healthy, and I need it.

10. Fall back in love with baking.
It's time I get creative, fearless, and hungry in the kitchen again. You're welcome, Justin.

God Bless :)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!