Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

I know you all love the title UPDATE!

I can't believe September is almost OVER! It's seriously nuts. The weeks are just flying by! I have only 2 days left of teaching and 1 day of PD before Eid Breaks starts, and I cannot begin to tell you my excitement! If I could, I would stay in bed for two days straight...which I might do actually. 
These past two weekends Justin has competed in the Dubai Fitness Competition and I worked at the event, organizing the heats and athletes. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of my dude. He worked so hard and did his very best! He ended up getting 3rd place in two of the events and taking 6th overall! In all honesty, I think this just made him even more hungry for competition, but I don't think he will admit it ;) We got to hang out with such cool athletes from all over the world, and even a few Crossfit Games athletes were there. It was an all around successful event, and once again proved that Dubai's fitness levels are skyrocketing each year. I got to work with some awesome people as well! But now I don't want to see another time card in about 4 months! :)
We FINALLY have internet at home as well! And yes, I am writing this while laying in my bed, eating a can of pringles, in my sweats. We don't have wifi yet or a router, so we won't be able to skype for a few days, but we're connected to a wall and can plug in the computer for web use. It's so exciting! 
My passport is still not back yet, but I have gone in for my medical and emirates id stuff, so it could be any day now! Be praying that Kay will get her paperwork passed through quickly, because she was in the last group of medical runs. There's a teeny tiny sliver of hope for escaping for a few days next week, but I really doubt it will happen. Pray hard :)
I am missing home these days, which I normally do this time of year, especially when I still sweat 75% of the day. I keep looking at the weather back home and I can see the next few days are a beautiful, sunny and low 70s. Seriously perfect. I would love to go for a walk in the cool breeze right about now. I miss my family and friends so much, and think of you all often. Alisha's little sister, Erika, got married yesterday and looking at the pictures just made me miss home even more! It's so hard not being there for special moments, especially when I know they won't happen again. I am so glad I have a supportive family and friend system that understands our life decisions and choices, and loves us no matter what. Thank you :)
Until next time my loves, have a wonderful week! 

GOD BLESS!

1 comment:

  1. Rain, again :) Hunting season opens Sat, so thats helpful. Would love to snuggle and watch a movie with you. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!