Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

San Diego.

What a wonderful weekend we had! 
My uncle lives in San Diego, and we never actually knew how close he was to us until we thought about a spontaneous trip for our long weekend! We took a little detoured route on the way there (not on purpose), but it took us through Palm Desert where Jus got to visit with one of his old buddies for a bit. 
San Diego is just beautiful. It was such a cool place with so many options. It was my first visit, so everything was new for me. Justin had been a few times, but never with me, so I know it was much more special for him (I just laughed inside writing that)
We mostly just drove around, walked, and really took in the city. We went to various beaches and had some really great views. Speaking of views! Seriously. My uncle has the best view in all of San Diego. Both of his living room walls are windows and open up completely to the city. He sees the sunset every single night just from sitting on his couch. It was breathtaking. 
One of my favorite things we did was go to the farmers market. It was about a 20-25 minute walk from his house, but with that cool breeze, we could've walked for days. They had such cool booths at the market, I just love looking at all the different types of things they had to offer. They had things from green smoothies, gluten free cookies (they were delish), bacon wrapped hot dogs, fresh flowers, t-shirts, and cooking oil. I loved walking around and seeing everything. I felt at home :) They also had a delicious breakfast burrito filled with eggs, arugula, sweet potato hash, bacon, and some type of cheese I don't know the name of. It was so good. Paleo? No. Delicious? YES.
My uncle was such a great host to us, we had seriously such a fun time. I don't get to see my uncle very many times throughout the year, so it was so great for me to spend such a good amount of time with him making memories we can always cherish. I really, really liked the city!
Here are some pics!












I am so blessed to have a family like mine. 

God bless everybody! Only two more days until the weekend! YIPEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!