Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Not your average Valentine's Day.

Justin and I celebrated our 2nd Valentine's as a married couple last Thursday and I have to say they just keep getting better and better. On that Monday and Tuesday I stayed home from school because I got the flu. UGH. It was terrible. I mustered up my strength and went to work for Wednesday and Thursday, but I seemed to have passed along my sickness to my hubs along the way :( He had to take a sick day on Thursday (Valentine's Day!) Boo. 
We had already planned on staying in for the night, because I would much rather eat a nice dinner at home made by muah in my sweats then go out somewhere in heels. boo. On Wednesday night, I was still recovering and not spending any time at the gym, so I decided to stay home while Justin made the trip up to Dubiz. I secretly had planned this so I could start his Vday gifts. Justin's favorite treat is my chocolate chip zucchini bread. Ok, it's my mamas recipe. So as soon as I got home, I whipped up a nice batch of heart shaped muffins and 2 bread tins to take to school. I hid any evidence and swiped the kitchen clean before Justin got home. 
On Valentine's Day morning, Justin had to get up with me so he could take me to work and to go to the clinic to get a sick note. Before he got out of bed I decorated the kitchen with sticky notes with hearts, kisses, and I love you's. I put out his plate of muffins with a little note that said "For my stud muffin", get it? ;) 
When Justin came to pick me up from work I had almost forgot it was Vday because we did absolutely nothing at school for it. We weren't allowed to have parties, pass out Valentine's, eat candy, nothing. It was quite sad. So I was actually really surprised when I walked in the front door to a beautiful bouquet of red roses with a card on the counter. It also included a nice coupon book that I will be taking advantage of! AND an hour massage booked for us up in Dubai the next day! WHOOP!
The first thing we did while dinner was cooking was complete a questionnaire that I got from my sweet blogger friend Cara from The Marvelous Flight of Cara.

How long have you been married? 1 year, 6 months, 21 days.
Where was your first date? The movies, The Great Debators
Where was your first kiss? The Tandy Turn House <3
Who first said, "I love you"? Justin, February 13, 2008
What were your wedding colors? Purple and Orange
What is her most commonly used phrase? I said, "You dumb!" He said: "I'm cereal!" I guess we are both right.
Who is her celebrity crush? I said: Michael Buble He said: Tim McGraw...I love you Timmy, but Buble all the way.
If she was ordering drinks for both of you what would you each get? She: Rum and Coke, He: Cranberry with Vodka
What is the best meal she has ever cooked you? I said: Enchiladas, He said: He doesn't have a favorite because they're all good!
What is the worst meal she has ever cooked you? Both: NONE! :)
What is the most-played song on her iPod? Both: Too many favorites
What would she say is your most annoying habit? Biting his icky nails
What is the last thing she does before she goes to bed? Kiss goodnight, I love you.
If you could throw out one item of her clothing what would it be? He said: anything that doesn't fit you properly.
What would you say is your favorite thing about her? I said: TWINS! He said: lots of nice things :)
What's her go-to drink at Starbucks? Hot chocolate
What's her blog's name? OceanWideLove

He did well! Only 2 questions wrong and 1 different answer, but still true :)

The present I made Jus can really only be fully appreciated by a Crossfitter. If you are not, you may not understand completely, but you'll get the gist. His present was called The Deck of Love. Some of you may think to yourselves, wait a second, isn't that supposed to be The Deck of Death? Well...it being Vday and all, that would just not suit. 
In the deck included lots of reasons why I love Justin. For example, I love that after he makes fun of me, he gives me a hug. I love that when people talk about him they have nothing but good things to say. Also I love that he is a man of Christ. Every now and then he would flip over a card and there would be a workout. Ok, I'm not that mean, but a workout of LOVE haha! Like a 1 min AMRAP of sit up kisses. Yes, we both locked legs, and did a sit up, and when we got to the top we gave a smooch. Then straight back down again. I don't remember the last time we had laughed that hard. It was so funny. There was also things like 2 min AMRAP 1 hug 2 kisses. Yep. We lost count, but were dying laughing. I also snuck in some 4 minute scalp massages and 5 minute foot rub. 
I was pretty proud of my creativity with this one haha!
I hope your Valentine's was just as special as mine. Even though we decided to stay in, we both were still sick, it was the perfect evening with my very best friend and soul mate. Candle lit dinner on our balcony (while sitting on pillows), chocolate covered strawberries made by the Hubs, Valentine's Day movie, cuddling, and flowers and gifts, all in my Uggs. You just can't get that anywhere else. 

I love you, my Valentine.

God bless!!










2 comments:

  1. This is SO awesome! Let me know when you tag me next time - would LOVE to read your answers sooner! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lovey! This may be a REALLY dumb question...but do I have to email you to let you know or is there a secret way to tag people that I don't know about!?? :) I wish it was like facebook or instagram where you could just tag people right away! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!