Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Busy bee weekend.

Whoowee, this weekend was busy. It did make it last much longer though. Do you ever feel like you need a weekend for the weekend?! Maybe that's why I'm sick in bed today. UGH.
On Thursday after work we made our routine trip up to Dubai for The Burn Room. Then it was straight to the locker room showers to pretty myself up for part 1 of Caoimhe's Hen Party! We went to a beautiful Spanish place that over looked the Burj Al Arab (I didn't snag any pictures, ugh!). It was my first time at a proper Spanish restaurant and my first time having tapas. I know, I know! They were delicious!
I headed back to the hotel early because I had to wake up at a butt crack of dawn to help Jus get ready for the Throwdown! If you are a Crossfitter and have never been apart of a Throwdown, you are seriously missing out. The atmosphere is simply amazing. It's more than just a competition. You will literally see enemies cheering for enemies, PR's, hugs, blood, lots of sweat, and tears. Reason number 384,957,913,857 why I love Crossfit.
The girls however had a later night than I did, so they weren't quite ready for my bouncing texts at 11:00 asking them if they were awake. We did meet up for lunch at an Italian place, put their hilarious night back together, a trip to the clinic for Caoimhe's ripped off finger nail (ouch), and then got all fancied up for dinner at The Ivy. The Ivy is a super fancy place that originated in London that a lot of celebrities go to. Since we are just like celebrities, we fit right in ;)
Then it was out for the night to dance and laugh our tails off. It was so much fun to have a night out with a great group of girls. 
Saturday came around, Justin and I woke up, had breakfast and went back to The Burn Room to take advantage of saving a drive. We did a WOD a little too close to breakfast (30 minutes after) and I about barfed. But I didn't. UGH. Miserable. 
We then made our way home, climbed into bed and did not move for the rest of the night. Grey's Anatomy, Suits, and Cougar Town had all our attention. 

Here are some pics I snapped whenever I could or remembered during our crazy weekend!

These are from the JBR strip that just happens to be one of my absolute favorite places in the UAE.



Yacht Club!


Here are some pictures I stole from the other girlies :)


At Crystal


The beautiful bride-to-be!

Hope you had a fun filled weekend as well!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!