Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Decisions.

Before you read this post, I just want to ask something from you. 1. Because if you don't make it until the end, you already know what I am asking of you. 2. I know the power of prayer.
Pray for us. Please.
Justin has been away from home for 3 years. That's about 1,000 days (that's minus Summers and Christmas breaks) and I have been gone for 2. For some, that might not be a big deal, you could be away from your home as well. But living on the complete opposite side of the world from every single member of your family and every single one of your friends has not been easy for me. Teaching here, has not been easy for me.
We have made wonderful friends here. Friends I know that I will have for a lifetime. Friends that have made it so much easier and that have actually pulled me through some dark days. Friends that know we won't be here for very long, and still stick around :)
Justin will finish his contract this year at our school. He will get the bonus at the end of the year (inshallah) and that will help us out a lot financially. I still have one more year, but nothing is really holding me to my contract, because I signed my contract as a married person, and Justin got all the benefits his first year.
So here comes the hard part. What do we do next year? Do we stay here a few years? One year to finish my contract? Do we go home and start our lives fully together in whatever state we end up in? Do we keep holding off on our dreams and save a few more bucks?
What do we do?
Justin and I have spent our nights praying over our lives and asking God to make it so clear to us what we should do. So, with another month passing and it is now coming closer and closer to summer break, it is crunch time. We are running out of time to make our decision. Making a move like this we can't just make on a whim. It's going to take planning. A lot of it. We both need to have jobs lined up before we make the move or even think about making the move.
We both have started updating our resumes and are getting those sent off as soon as we can to a few school districts in Arizona. Myself for a full-time teaching position and Justin for a possible subbing position as he opens up his business. Just to see what happens. If God wants us to come home, I will be more than happy (and probably jump for joy) then He will open doors for us.
The prayer we have been praying has been that the right doors swing wide open and the wrong doors to shut in our face. We want it to be so clear and have full confidence in the decision we are making. I am asking you to do the same. Please, take some time out of your day and pray for us. If you have never been apart of a prayer train, you are missing out! Awesome things happen when you give them over to God! He's the one who's constructed the plans anyway!

Thank you and God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!