Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Something bad and something good.

Sometimes...I get angry. Usually while in the car. The drivers here are something I have never ever experienced before. Their fuse is about a centimeter long and their tempers; red hot. They ride your buns, flashing their lights and honking their horns (you're in the middle lane by the way, they wouldn't dare move over) and you can just about see how many blackheads he has on his nose by how close he is. It's ridiculous. But if you EVER did that to someone else, they would follow you, try and run you off the road, and roll down their windows trying to start a fight. Seriously, its NUTS! Driving downtown for us everyday to work is insane. I hate it. It takes us about 30 minutes when it should take us 15.
So, I had a little meltdown this morning. A driver cut us off, almost forcing us onto the sidewalk or into his 4x4 (after hitting all the red lights and being honked at all moring)and  I had just about had it. I screamed in the car saying, "I hate this place!".
And honestly, sometimes, I do. Sometimes I want to pack my bags, get on the next flight home and run to my mommy. But about 3 seconds later I calm down and know that we are here for a reason. We have a purpose here. We are building a future for our family and following what God has willed us to do.



That was the bad news.
The good news is...
WE GOT APPROVED (again) TO MOVE!
I seriously am SOOOOOOOOO excited! Finally. After 3 months of waiting, waiting, papework, cancelled meetings, waiting, and patience we finally are 50 steps closer into moving to our new place. I can't wait to show you pictures! The view is amazing :) It's only a 10 minute drive to work (freeway) and only 45 minutes to Dubai. Instead of 30 mintues to work and an hour and a half drive to Dubai! YAHOO. Praise the Lord. We would really appreciate your prayers as the process still moves forward.

Off to a one day weekend for us. We have "professional development" from 7:30-4:00 on a Saturday. Next week is going to be h-e-doublehockeysticks. But then after that its a 3 day week and off to Jordan!!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!