Here we go again with Quotes of the Week! (Say that with a loud booming voice)
My kids are seriously hilarious. And sometimes it's not even what they say, it's what they do. Of course, I wish I had videos, but I think I would get in trouble for that!
As we are learning the phases of the moon...
Salem: "Miss, I went to the moon."
Me: "Or really, when?"
Salem: "Last night, me and my dad."
Me: "Wow, that was a quick trip!"
(He makes up stories like this all the time)
It is my TA's birthday today! She had to take one of our little girls down to the nurse and while she way away I told all the kids that when she came back, I would count to 3 and we would sing her Happy Birthday! So she came back, we sang it and gave her a card we all signed. About 2 hours later, one of my smallest boys, Mansoor was sitting at his desk taking a Math test. Farah and I are walking around checking on students and all of a sudden we hear Mansoor in the back of the room singing, "Happy birthday to yooouuuuu" (while dancing in his chair).
Imagine the Pillsbury Dough Boy with really short brown curly hair and that is Mansoor :)
For my 6 places I'll share with you some of my favorite places I have been!
1. Sao Paulo, Brazil. My cousin is adopted from Sao Paulo, so when she was old enough my Aunt and Uncle wanted to take a trip back to see her orphanage where she grew up and visit the friends they had made during the process of adoption. I go to tag along with my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and Dani. It was amazing!
2. Moscow, Russia. If you are in college and you have never heard of Camp Adventure, you need to look it up! Seriously, one of the best experiences of my life! It sent me to Moscow where I got to play with little 6 and 7 year olds all day. This was my first time traveling anywhere by myself. I grew up a lot and learned a lot about myself on this trip.
3. Hawaii. Do I really need to say anything more? Beautiful, gorgeous, amazing, stunning. I've been to Kauai and Maui. Go. Now.
4. Phi Phi Islands, Thailand. Justin and I traveled here last Spring Break for 5 days. We stayed in an awesome tree hut right on the beach and it was nothing short of amazing. It was so incredibly HOT. We had no AC in our tree hut, but the water was perfect and the nights cooled down a bit. Thailand is seriously so beautiful.
5. Home. My home will always be in Oregon. No matter where Justin and I go, no matter where we move to, Oregon will always be home to me. I, as well as many others have a love/hate relationship with Oregon. It grabs your attention when June hits the calendar and makes you fall in love when September rolls around. You start to not love it so much after Christmas, because after you're done being distracted by the holidays, you start to realize how gloomy and grey it is outside. Then the rain comes. 7 straight months of rain. And then you hate it. Though we go through this every single year, I wouldn't change the place I call home, ever.
6. The UAE. I don't even really consider this one of our destinations anymore, because we have been here so long! I can't believe whenever we go back home I will be able to stay I LIVED in the Middle East for __ years. This place is full of so many cultures, beautiful, over-the-top, completely nuts, adventurous, and stunning all at the same time. We have learned so much about ourselves and so much about each other since we have been here. God could not have given us a better opportunity to start our lives as husband and wife than he could've by sending us here. We have met lifelong friends and made lifelong memories. Though some days I want to pack up my bags and get on the next flight home, I know why I am here.
God bless :)