Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Papa Lou.

My Dad has many nicknames given to him by none other than his favorite daughter in the whole wide world: me. Yes. I am his only daughter. Whatev.
I don't know where I came up with these nicknames, but once something rolls off my tongue, it's there forever! Papa Lou came about 2 or 3 years ago. Lou doesn't rhyme with any part of his name, his name is Jon. His middle name is Loren. But, the crazy daughter that I am, I just decided to start calling him that one day. 
My Dad is straight up awesome. No joke. He was the kind of Dad that played football with us in the yard. Who would race us down the driveway and would get smoked by my lightning speed would let me win. Who would bounce us so high on the trampoline I would literally almost pee my pants. He took me on my first fishing trip, taught me how to shoot a basketball, taught me how to shoot a gun, and taught me the most important thing of all, about Jesus.
Not kidding, my freshman year of high school I got asked to prom by a senior (oh yea, I was cool) and when my date came to pick me up my dad was standing on the front porch with a shot gun. You could say he's a little protective. 
My Dad has been through a lot these past couple of years, but when you look at him with his little chubby cheeks and he gives you a smile, you would never guess it. He has sought the Lord in all his situations and taught me really what it is like to seek Him. One of the greatest memories and always will be of my dad is when he gave me away at our wedding. We held hands down the aisle because that is how we have walked through life together, hand in hand. I have always been his little girl, and no matter how old I get I will continue to be.
I love you, man.



On July 23, I also gained another dad. Justin's father is one awesome man. He does everything he can to support his family. I am so thankful for the role model Justin had growing up. I don't mind one bit seeing a lot of Scott's traits in my husband, because I know what a great provider, man of God, and wonderful husband Justin is and will continue to be. I also know why Justin has such great bear hugs :)


Growing up, I liked to consider I had two dads. Mine, of course, but then there was my best friends dad: Bobby. He was the toughest man in town. He would take us for Bronco rides around town, cook us mean breakfasts when we were camping, and would let us ride the four wheelers around their property. I loved to know that I could always count on another male in my life besides my dad. He holds such a special place in my heart.



Happy Father's Day to the 3 Papa's in my life! I love you all so very much and am so blessed to have each of you. Also Happy Father's Day to the rest of the great Dad's in the world, I know there are a lot of you!!

1 comment:

  1. You truly do have 3 great papa's. Happy father's day and thank you for being there for my little girl growing up and my big girl for the rest of her life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!