Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Homemade Muesli.

I have recently discovered that I love muesli. It took me the longest time to figure out how to say it, but thanks to my great friend Emily, I got the correct pronunciation. /moo-z-lee/
haha! That's my best version of Webster's!
When I told her that I was looking for a recipe to make my own granola/muesli she told to just make it myself! Smart girl she is! So here is what I did!

Homemade Muesli:
Yields: One Serving

1/4 c. Organic Oats
2 tbsp. Orange Juice
1 tbsp. Sunflower Seeds
1-2 tbsp. Raisins
1 tsp. Organic Honey
About 10 Crushed Almonds
5 Crushed Walnuts

Directions:
The night before: Mix your oats and orange juice and let sit over night in a sealed container.
The next morining add the rest of your ingredients and mix together.
Feel free to add any other things to this muesli. I honestly don't measure the things out, so if you like something more put more, if you don't like it that much take it out! Easy, peasy!
I eat mine with Greek Yogurt as a morning snack. DELISH!

Additional Add-Ins:
Pistachios
Fresh Fruit
Pumpkin Seeds
Chocolate Chips (mmmm)
You could even add some cinnamon!

Seriously the list goes on and on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!