Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Funky.

I have been in quite the funk lately. Not sad, not depressed, just...in a funk. There are a million things I feel like I could be doing besides sitting at my desk at work, waiting for the clock to strike "go home now". We have no kids. We don't know where our rooms are next year so we cannot move our stuff around, I don't have the finalized list for my kiddos next year to start making name tags, cubby names...etc. My room is clean ready to be mopped.Yes, the list goes on. So what should we do? You tell me.
My sweet, sweet husband has been trying to get me out of this funkyness for days, and I thank him so much for that. He even let me tear up his face when he decided to go in for a puppy dog on my neck (I can't have anything touching my neck. oh my. instant ninja.) I'm complaining about my body. Trying new stuff to make me feel normal, but it keeps going back to what it was. (ps my tests came back all normal) 
I'm complaining about the weather. It's so freaking hot I just can't even stand it. There is no change. Sun, sun, sun, hot, hot, hot. All year. I need some change. And this place is not the place for that. 
I'm ready to go home. To see my family. Squeeze my little ones. Bear jump hug my Dad. Cook with my mom. Watch my best friend walk down the aisle to the love of her life. Shop til we drop with my sister-in-law. See my cousins. Go to church. Watch 4 beautiful brides walk down the aisle. Skype with my brother. Eat Laughing Planet and dark chocolate acai berries. Crossfit everyday. See my in-laws and laugh with them. Celebrate our 1 year anny with the most amazing man on the planet. 
There are so many things to look forward to, I am finding it hard to be thankful for the now. Are any of you feeling this way? Too much fun in the future to be thankful for the now? 
Lord, help me look through your eyes to see the blessings you have and are giving me now, everyday, so I may have a different outlook on this beautiful life you have created for me. 
Amen. 

happiness

1 comment:

  1. No Kids? Blessing. Air
    conditioning. Blessing. Time to read a good book. Blessing. Ninja training. Blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!