Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Reflecting and Learning.



 Tonight Justin is at gaelic football practice, so that leaves me at home for a couple hours to do whatever I want! Yep, that means I even pee with the door open! With this time I have been given by myself I have: taken a hour nap, eaten a bowl of cereal for dinner, pinned to my little heart's content and watched our wedding video. (Oh my life would be so miserable without my husband)
 Watching our video has made me think of how far we have come in just a short period of time. Since last July we have gotten married, moved across the world, started up a small "business", been to Thailand, and learned what it's like to live with each other for the very first time. When I step back and really look at how far we've come, WOW! I mean WOW!
God has been so good to us. He has opened so many doors for us, and seems to be opening more and more. What a God we serve and what a life we live. Never take one single blessing God gives you for granted. He has put you right where He wants you, sister.
Last year was a crazy year for me. I got engaged, graduated from college, got married, got a job, moved across the world, experienced my first few months as a teacher, and was now a wife. All in one year's time. One year. For some people that would take a lifetime. I am so incredibly blessed. It has sure taken me some time to understand God's gifts He has given me; I haven't always been grateful. I have gone through the most challenging 7.5 months of my life.      As if the list above wasn't enough, I was given one tough class of 26 kiddos. They test me, push my buttons, make me question my love for teaching, and push me to my limit sometimes. I just have to step back and know that I was given this class for a reason. I was given this tough of kiddos on my first year for a reason. I know that after this year I will be a much stronger teacher and person. I know that after this year I will be ready for anything that comes my way. I have gone through it all it seems.
 I am very excited to move forward and very excited to see what all God has in store for us these next few years. You never know what He has planned. I was skyping with my Mom earlier this evening and she reminded me of some very good advice. She asked me why I was stressing about something that God already had planned? His plans are much better than mine and He is going to take care of you no matter what. Thanks Mom! :)
So, I'll leave you with a verse I need to repeat to myself more often: Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, and not harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."
AMEN! Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!