Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Empty hands and an open heart.

My sweet grandmother gave me a precious gift this past Christmas. It is a daily-devotional book by Sarah Young called, Jesus Calling. It is written in the perspective of God as the author, speaking to us. She wrote the most tender message at the beginning, "This is one of the best devotionals I have read. It hits me right in the heart often - I know it will you, too. I will enjoy knowing you are reading it each day as I am. I pray it takes root in your heart and in your life. I love you." 
Isn't she the best?
Well, I can proudly say that Justin and I have kept up on our devotional and have made it a daily routine as we drive to work, or drive anywhere on the weekend. The first time I read this book it was on our first day back to work after the Christmas break. We had to catch up for about a week since we went back to school on the 9th, I think. Reading through the first couple devotions my voice began to shake and the tears started flowin'. It started to sink in. I was under such pressure to come back from a terrible, hated 4 month experience and try to change it within the first week back. And this devotional hit me right in the center of my heart.
Today's devo: Come to me with empty hands and an open heart, ready to receive abundant blessings. I know the depth and breadth of your neediness. Your life-path has been difficult, draining you of strength. Come to Me for nurture. Let Me fill you up with My presence; I in you, and you in Me. My power flows most freely into weak ones aware of their need for me. Faltering steps of dependence are not lack of faith; they are links to My presence. 
I just loved this one. "Your life-path has been difficult, draining you of strength". These past 8 months of teaching have been physically, but mostly emotionally draining. I can officially say that I am ready for summer break.
"Faltering steps of dependence are not lack of faith; they are links to My presence".
AMEN!
Have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your devotional. What drew me to this page, and others with the same verse, is waking up from a dream and hearing "come to me with empty hands." I didn't know what it meant. I fell back asleep, woke up with the same thought on my mind. I had to search online to see if that was a passage of scripture. I was excited and scared to see that it is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!