Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

beauty AND the breakdown.

Oh, today. It was just one of those "Why am I here" days. 

Justin and I got to work a little 10 minutes earlier this morning than we usually do. Why do you ask? Well our Head of Department told us about two weeks ago she would be coming around doing her observations on us. Of course, it still being my first year of teaching and I'm still learning the ropes, I panic. Every time I am teaching English, I am on edge because I think she is going to pop in the door and start observing my crazy class. 
So this morning, I woke up with a feeling that she was going to come today. She didn't. And thank goodness. My kids decided that today they weren't going to listen to a single word I said, run around the classroom, and yell and spit on each other. Yep. That's what I dealt with today. Most of you know me and know that I am a big ball of stress anyway, but if you can imagine what I was like at the end of the day. Justin came in my room, not knowing, and started making fun of me for making a new seating chart. Now imagine the look I gave him as we walked out the door.
Justin and I got into the car, getting ready to drive to StopTheClock and BAM, hit me like a ton of bricks. (Just imagine this next part a sad old lady with tears streaming down her face because her cat just died)
"I'm sorry I snapped at you, I know you didn't know, sniff sniff, I just had a really bad day, sniff sniff, and I just want to go home." HA! Looking back at it now, I am such a baby. But, I can't help it, that's the way God made me :)
So, I came home, laid on the bed and watched Ratatouille. And yes, I ate a chocolate chip cookie. And yes, I feel much better. For a girl, sometimes a breakdown is much needed. 
Thank you to my husband who deals with these frequently. I love you honey :)

Justin can vouch that my face most likely looked like this walking out the door:

Hope YOUR day is going or goes well! 

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!