Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Favorite Baby Items

I'm so glad this was something people wanted to read about, because researching items and looking at options are some of my favorite things to do #weirdo. When I was pregnant, I was constantly looking at (mostly twin) Mom's instagrams and blogs to figure out what baby items would be best for our family, while making sure to keep a good budget. We were SO blessed with hand me downs and gift cards that we were able to splurge on a few items that I didn't know we would be able to get. I love our people! If you are a Mama to be, Papa to be, buying a gift for a baby shower, or setting up your registry- here are some of my favorite items that we've used for our babies.
*I am sure you know that these are all my OPINIONS and I'm not getting paid to write this post. This actually makes me laugh, but I just had to say it! Things that are for twins, I will put an * by the name, so if you are specifically looking for twin things, you can just go right to it.

First and foremost, swaddles. We love love love these swaddles. We swaddled our babies from day 1 in the hospital and we still swaddle them now. Krew is starting to wiggle his way out of them, no matter how much of a professional swaddler his Dad is, but they have been one of our favorite items all along. Not to mention they have the cutest colors, are so incredibly soft, and stretch to the max. We learned very quickly we preferred to swaddle our babies with stretchy material rather than muslin, and we just use the muslin as blankets, cover ups...etc.

Another favorite item are their beds. This was one of the items that we got to splurge on because of our gift cards! Reminder, we need to buy 2 of most things, so it adds up! If you're buying just 1, it seems much more affordable. They love these. I read a ton of articles comparing the snuggleme to dockatot, and I just really liked how it hugs the babies when you lay them in it, like you are still holding them. We haven't used the dockatot, so I have no idea how we would've liked it, but plenty of our friends use it and they love it. This is just the one I decided on, and I am so glad we did!


We use these covers for their car seats, and for me when I'm nursing in public. I've worn this while walking around nursing Krew in Costco! They are also super functional and handy when the babies are sleeping and you're out and about, so people don't wake up your babies :) People looooove new babies. But I can't blame them, I do too!




We got their crib sheets from Spearmintlove. They are so soft, and have tons of cute color and design options. Since babies are still sleeping next to us right now, I've loved using their crib for their monthly pictures and seeing the cute crib sheet in the background.
Our sweet, sweet friends gifted us one of the most convenient gifts we'll ever receive. If you plan on using formula, or have to supplement like we do, the Baby Brezza will save your life. This kuerig for baby formula shoots out WARM formula in however many ounces you want, in 5 seconds flat. That's 5 seconds compared to 5 minutes of mixing, warming, and your baby crying. We were so blessed by this gift, because it was one of those items out of our budget, but now we use it every single day.


Let me just say, GET THE SLEEPERS WITH THE ZIPPERS. Yes, that one you're about to buy is so dang cute and it has little dinosaurs or unicorns on it, but it has buttons. Put it back. Find an equally cute one with zippers. Buy that one.

The other way we swaddle our babies are sleep sacks. They are awesome and a much quicker way to get them in and out during their middle of the night feedings and diaper changes. We love the Halo Sleep Sack for Ry and the Love to Dream for Krew since he can have his hands more free. Our friends swear by the Nested Bean sleep sacks, and I will update this post when I have tried it for myself, but the reviews are amazing on it!


We landed on Dr. Browns bottles and most of their products. I feel like this is definitely a personal choice, and whatever your baby likes best. We got lucky and the ones I registered for are the ones the babes liked. 



Diapers are a huge topic. We were so blessed in the diaper department because we have yet to have to buy a package of diapers, and with twins that's A LOT of diapers. Babies are out of the newborn size and onto size 1, and we were given a few different types of brands as gifts. My favorite is Hello Bello. Second favorite are the Pampers Swaddlers. Those are just my personal favorites because of the softness, poop hold, and easy assembly.


*Twin Item
Here are two options for twin pillows, both used for feeding. One you can both feed and set them in it like a Boppy pillow. I am so glad we were gifted both because I prefer the Twin Z pillow for setting them in it and letting them hang out, or if we need to bottle feed them at the same time, they are right next to each other. If I am tandem nursing, I prefer the My Breast Friend pillow as the babies have more room for wiggles. I will say the Twin Z has amazing back support while nursing them!

*Twin or not twin item
When doing my research for must-haves for twins, this Halo Bassinet was one of the top things on the list. We were so lucky that our resale store in town has a waiting list, and someone who had twins was getting rid of a lot of their furniture. I had them put me on the list for this specific item, and a week later they called me that it was in-store! I was so excited. This has been a life saver for us for sleeping. It sits right by our bed and we can get them both in and out easily. They also have a single, so if you're just having 1 baby, I would also recommend!


*Twin Item
I did a TON of research on strollers. Heck, I still am. Choosing a double stroller is tough. I'm super glad I listened to a lot of twin mamas that said to surpass the expensive double stroller for the first bit, and get a stroller frame that you can just pop the car seats straight into. I can't tell you how easy it is, and the babies love it. We get lots of comments about our choo-choo train when we're out and about, but it's super easy to maneuver and steer once you get used to it. It definitely takes up tons of trunk space, but that's to be expected with double anything.


Speaking of car seats, the ones we decided on were the Maxi Cosi Mico 30. These are the infant car seats, and I chose them because they were super light (toting 2 as they gain weight gets heavy!), the reviews were great on them, and not to mention they are super cute. Would definitely recommend them. As they move into their next size of car seat, I could definitely see us sticking with this brand.
I hope this was helpful for some of you! If you have a tried and true baby item that you swear by, let me know and I will add it to the list!

-Cassie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!