Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

I will follow You into the dark.

You know those words you say to someone you know is going through a rough patch, or they're about to make a big decision? Maybe you make a few sentences out of the phrases "faith", "trust God", "walk by faith", "everything will work out", "it will all be okay". Well, for us, it's time to start living out that advice.
On Tuesday afternoon, I was in the computer lab working on some lesson plans probably browsing teacherspayteachers, talking with my grade level chair. She was asking if we had made any decisions about next year or what we thought we would end up doing. Obviously not. She then began to tell me that even though I haven't completed my 3 year contract, I would still receive gratuity from the school for working the 2 years I did complete, if I resigned within the 3 month period. Justin and I always had thought that the only way to receive your gratuity was to complete our contracts of 3 years. Since this was new information to me, I just happened to ask when the last day to resign was. 
Her answer: tomorrow. 
Holy cow. I was in a panic. I ran to tell Justin the news and we knew we would be having a big family talk on the way home from work that day. But before we got in the car, we knew what we had to do. And Justin and I both resigned from our jobs yesterday. In order for me to receive any of the benefits I have earned these last two years, I have to give a 3 month notice that I am resigning. What does this mean? Justin and I will finish out our year here in Abu Dhabi, just like normal, and we will fly home this summer, like normal. 
If I were to not resign and get a job where I am applying back home, I would not give my school a large enough time period to let them know I am resigning. So that is why I had to do it so soon. I am applying to districts in Arizona and some schools in Dubai. Why Dubai? Well, if we are coming back to the UAE, we will be moving up to Dubai because that is where Justin will start his job after summer and I would have to commute 2 hours everyday in crazy UAE traffic. No thanks.
So. We are completely in the dark on this. We have no idea where we will be in 3 months and everything as of right now is out of our hands. I went through my 24-hours of stress, and now I am a bit at peace with it. I know that no matter what, God is going to take care of us. Even if His plans don't match my dreams right now, He will show us what is best for us. We are praying that my resume is put in the correct hands and for the doors to fling wide open on where we are supposed to be. We are praying that the doors that aren't supposed to be open would shut, and shut quickly. Would you pray with us, please?

2 Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

Proverbs 3: 5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."



Thank You and God bless!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!