Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

One of the greatest gifts I have ever gotten (besides a rock on my finger and a hottie hubby) was a cookbook from my mom. She had combined all the recipes I grew up with, plus new ones she thought I would enjoy making and wrote out each one on a cute piece of stationary. She combined them into a book and gave it to me as a wedding present. I love to cook. Whether it's baking or cooking, I love the joy food brings to people. 
One of my favorite recipes (Ok, Justin's 2nd love of his life) is my mom's chocolate chip zucchini bread. Seriously, it's to die for. If you are looking to make this recipe a little healthier, I am sure you can sub a few ingredients like apple sauce and such, but the original recipe is SO good, SO easy and SO delicious just the way it is. Even if it's full of sugar and nummyness.

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

2 cups grated zucchini
2 1/2 cups of sugar (this time I used 1/2 cup splenda/brown sugar mix)
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1 1/2 c. vegetable oil (I use 1 c. EVOO)
4 eggs
3 c. flour (I sub whole wheat flour)
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
Chocolate Chips (go ahead and pour as many as your heart desires!)

Mix zucchini, sugar, oil and eggs. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips. Pour into greased pans. This makes two good size loafs.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.

*Zucchini bread was one of my Grandpa Altman's favorites :) Love you and missing you always!

God bless!! Hope this makes a great start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. Sunshine made some banana bread that blows the socks off that stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad you are here!